On Saturday, January 8th, 2022, an update will be posted to all Minnesota SpEd Forms sites. The update will include the changes listed below:
1. The link to standards-based needs has been reinstated at the request of multiple customers. The standards for reading do not yet reflect the most current MDE wording. SpEd Forms is working to update them.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-2131)
1. Teaching Strategies GOLD (TS GOLD) has been added to the SpEd Forms assessment library.
(Requested by: Gary Lewis, SpEd Forms #45132)
1. Made a change to allow logs to be entered for services with no rates but a valid effective date.
(Requested by: Lynda Hurt, Intermediate School District 917 #DE-2111)
2. A change was made to identify inactive services when selecting the service type on activity logs.
(Requested by: Tina Fredrickson, Northland Learning Center #48518)
1. The reminder to create a new enrollment record to report a change in instructional setting on a child’s 6th birthday is obsolete and has been removed.
(Requested by: Tessa Newby, Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose Schools #48668)
2. The COSF: EHDI Information form has been updated.
(Requested by: Becky Levenhagen, Northwest Regional Interdistrict Council #48776)
3. The Notice of a Team Meeting in Spanish, Hmong and Somali translations will now have the ability to be finalized.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2112)
1. A new “PWNs Part B with actions proposed/refused” quick report has been added.
(Requested by: Heather Guzik, St. Croix River Education District #48829)
2. The Educator List quick report now displays Building and District MA Providers.
(Requested by Tonia Czech, SpEd Forms #DE-2143)
3. “Student aged 18 with appointed guardian” is a new quick report.
(Requested by: Marla Pierskalla, St Cloud Area School District #48746)
1. In order to continue improving the program we are updating many old menus into a more modern programming language. Last month, we updated the Create eligibility Transmission (270), Student Claims report, IIIP, Bulk Delete, History and the Notice of Team Meeting in other languages.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2037, DE-2036, DE-2147, DE-2146, DE-2095, DE-2112, DE-2113, DE-2114, DE-2159)
2. In preparation for electronic signatures, we are enabling preferences in Admin / Organization/ Preferences. Please do not change the settings until we release guidance on their use.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-1699/#DE-1700)
1. A Stand-alone Progress Report option has been added to be able to report progress on IEPs that were not originally created in SpEd Forms. This will be a valuable tool for districts new to SpEd Forms and for all districts to report progress on students that move in without a SpEd Forms IEP. This is off by default, will need to be turned on by an administrator and is only available in version 2.0.
(Requested by: Rande Peyton, Hopkins Public Schools #48382)
2. 504 Complaint Procedure and 504 Parent/Student Rights have been converted to v2.0.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-2099/DE-2096)