On Saturday, June 11th, 2022, an update will be posted to all Minnesota SpEd Forms sites. The update will include the changes listed below:
1. Updated wording on the IEP Agreement to Amend form.
(Requested by: Whitney Weber, Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools #49580)
2. Updated the translations at the bottom of the IEP Services page.
(Requested by: Darla Dennis, SpEd Forms #49865)
1. When a corresponding trip log is created from a finalized PCA log, claim lines marked not billable will not be added to the trip log.
(Requested by: Christina Wilkins, Winona Area Public Schools #49609)
2. The new MDE federally approved “Consent to Share Data” has been added to the SpEd Forms other forms and logs folder and the student MA Forms menu.
(Requested by: Scott Moline, HVED South Cluster Programs #44921)
Other Forms and Logs
1. Preferred name will no longer be editable on the “Emergency Health/Transportation Information” form. It must be changed in Student Setup.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-2590)
1. Validation checks have been added to the Workload Analysis to ensure accurate results.
(Requested by: Mark Oehrlein, SpEd Forms #DE-2600)
2. Admin and Educator Quick Reports can now be starred to be favorited at the top of the list.
(Requested by: Karen Stay, St. Cloud Area School District #47889)
3. A new “Graduate seniors” tool has been created and added under Admin Reporting. Clicking ‘Graduate seniors’ will set all students with a grade of ’12’ and no other status end code to the status end code of ‘EXIT 08: Student graduated’. This helps easily inactive all students who have graduated.
(Requested by: Mark Oehrlein, SpEd Forms #DE-2531)
4. A new searchable admin report titled “Service hours” has been added.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2496)
This report supports the reporting of Special Education Service Hours (SESH) by enrollment record which is required by MDE for specific groups of students with disabilities. To maximize the value of this new report, districts either
- import enrollment records from their student information systems or create enrollment records using the SpEd Forms’ enrollment function. Find this function within the Enrollment and Attendance folder in the forms menu.
- ensure use of the Service reconciliation form. Located within each student’s Service Plan folder, the Service reconciliation form allows educators to efficiently find and resolve the overlap in service dates which happens when a service plan is amended mid-year or when a new annual plan is finalized before the projected end date of the previous plan. Important note: The Service Reconciliation Form is exclusively available in version 2.0. A short video has been posted to our YouTube channel to support use of the Service Reconciliation tool:
1. Section 504 Plan, Section 504 Manifestation Determination and 504 Eligibility Determination have all converted to V2.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2530, #DE-2518 and #DE-2527)
1. The SpEd dashboard’s eval date now accounts for students where the “Notice of Agreement that a 3 Year Reevaluation is Not Needed” form was used.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2591)
2. A cooperative must be set up before a cooperative admin account can be created.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2529)
3. Data privacy within SpEd Forms was further enhanced by removing the MARSS ID number most forms. If a district or cooperative assignes a local student idea (LSID), that will be printed instead.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2567)
4. Ongoing improvement to SpEd Forms is evident in the updating of many old menus into a more modern programming language. This month SpEd Forms updated the Admin and Educator Combined Reports. The convenience of offline report generation has been added.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2501)
1. The IIIP (Individual Interagency Intervention Plan) will be discontinued with the July update.