On Saturday, March 4th, 2023, an update will be posted to all Minnesota SpEd Forms sites. The update will include the changes listed below:
1. A delete button has been added to the Progress Report to allow for the deletion of erroneously added progress boxes. This action will be logged in the access log search.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3515)
1. Student’s preferred name has been added to IFSP Snapshot.
(Requested by: Kandice Voigt, Benton Stearns Education Programs #49024)
1. Created a PCA evaluation form located in MA Forms.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3473)
2. Added an MA District preference, “Use ICD10 codes not assigned to a specific service on all MA logs.”
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3438)
3. “Default all MA settings to 03: School on the student billing setup” was added as an MA district preference.
(Requested by: Tara Goebel, South Washington County Schools #DE-3474)
Other forms and logs
1. Appropriate text boxes were added to the e-signature process for the Evaluation/Reevaluation Plan Prior Written Notice.
(Requested by: Requested by: Kelli Rayl, North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale #52815)
2. A finalization message has been added to the Special Education data sheet to show if the form was already finalized for that status start date.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3520)
3. The save pop-up message on the Emergency Health/Transportation Information form has been updated to show if an invalid time was entered.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #52763)
4. Appropriate text boxes were added to the e-signature process for the Early Intervention PWN to Start or Revise an IFSP.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #52384)
5. Appropriate text boxes were added to the e-signature process for the Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Screening form.
(Requested by: Krystal DeGraw, Brooklyn Center Community Schools #51642)
6. Appropriate text boxes were added to the e-signature process for the Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Initial Assessment and the Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Evaluation and Assessment forms.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3449/#DE-3448)
7. Clear form/answers buttons have been added to the pages within the ECSE Child Outcomes Summary Form.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3435)
1. Updated the MA quick report, “Claims in error,” to add columns for the student’s school and eligibility status and show inactive students.
(Requested by: Tara Goebel, South Washington County Schools #53019)
2. Added an informed consent effective date column to the “Consent Tracking” MA quick report.
(Requested by: Nancy Grams, Marshall Public Schools #52951)
3. The student’s last name has been added to the MA “Transportation Audit” quick report.
(Requested by: Tara Goebel, South Washington County Schools #53010)
4. A column for referral source was added to the Evaluation Summary for years: 2019-2020, 2020-2021 & 2021-2022 quick reports.
(Requested by: Keri Hinnenkamp, Fridley Public Schools #52921)
1. Notice of Agreement that a 3 Year Reevaluation is Not Needed, Referral Review and Assessment Determination, Medical Documentation and the Stand-alone FBA has been converted to v2.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3466, 3465, 3460)
2. Made a change to move the “not billable” checkbox on MA activity logs to the space right below the description text box.
(Requested by: MA Advisory group, SpEd Forms #DE-3509)
3. Made a change in Version 2 to add the “End date” of a time study in the PCA Services log.
(Requested by: MA Advisory group, SpEd Forms #DE-3472)
4. The Date label has been changed to Service date in v2 on the activity log line.
(Requested by: MA Advisory group, SpEd Forms #DE-3471)
5. Updated the Transportation category dropdown to be cleared within Student setup.
(Requested by: Shilo Morlang, Duluth Public Schools, #48412)
6. In v2, the service date will always be visible when adding a new activity to an activity log.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-3535)
1. Updated the General tab under admin preferences.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #52322)
2. The Print Font Size options in Educator Setup > Profile have been changed to points from pixels.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3526)
3. If a student has a finalized BSP, an icon will show on the educator dashboard/student list.
(Requested by: Katie Wilder, Mounds View Public Schools #51483)
4. Updated the definition throughout the program for the student as a required IEP team member to reflect MN statue properly.
(Requested by: Amanda Lee, South Washington County Schools #52563)
5. Added a preference to force a user account, when they are using district Single Sign-On (SSO), the normal SpEd Forms login will be blocked. The user would need to log back in using the district’s SSO portal.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3406)
6. Educators will receive a notification within SpEd Forms when a parent has electronically signed a document.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3532)
Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 12th. Now is a great time to ensure that your computer clocks are set to adjust for daylight saving time automatically. If they are not, this could affect your exclusive timer rights within SpEd Forms. Please give it a double check just to ensure you have no issues when we “spring ahead”!