On Saturday, July 8th, 2023, an update will be posted to all Minnesota SpEd Forms sites. The update will include the changes listed below:
1. Dropdown #41 has been re-named to “Type of paraprofessional support”.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms Advisory team #53696)
2. The language on the IEP Assessment page 1 has been updated.
(Requested by: Marla Pierskalla, St. Cloud Area School District #49466)
3. The IEP Snapshot has been updated to include the Behavior Support Plan (BSP).
(Requested by: Katie Mikla, Hastings Public Schools #53945)
4. The PCA plan of care checkbox has been added to the IEP snapshot.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3828)
5. The paraprofessional support section of the IEP was updated.
(Requested by: MN Advisory team #DE-3944)
1. Criteria insertion has been moved from Evaluation summary page to the Eligibility determination page.
(Requested by: ECSE Advisory team #DE-3908)
2. The term Progress report has been updated to “Periodic review” in all instances.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3958)
1. The MA release of information, Communication regarding PCA services, Physician release, IEP/IFSP services record, and Physical therapy referral forms are being retired.
(Requested by: MA Advisory team #DE-3892)
2. An 837 report and Student claim navigation option has been added to the breadcrumbs when accessing an activity log, trip log or student billing page from the Create/edit claim transmission or Student claim report.
(Requested by: MA Advisory team #DE-3890)
3. Made changes to the ICD-10 entry to simplify the process.
(Requested by: Kari Saarloos, Anoka-Hennepin School District #53860)
4. The transportation statement will display on the PCA plan if Transportation is checked “Yes” in the Services section of the IEP.
(Requested by: Emma Christenson, Fergus Falls Area Special Education Cooperative #53630)
5. Made a change to the PCA evaluation to include a start date column that pulls the start date from the PCA/QP list. Also, moved notes to display directly under the PCA/QP name when the PCA evaluation is printed or viewed in History.
(Requested by: Kari Saarloos, Anoka-Hennepin School District #DE-3886)
1. Bateria IV-Cognitive and Bateria IV-Achievement tests have been added to the SpEd Forms test library.
(Requested by: Wendy Van Batavia, Midwest Special Education Cooperative #54329)
2. The SpEd Forms Intervention Services Part B (ECSE) 3.0 – 6.11 criteria has been re-named to “Development Delay – Ages 3 through 6” in order to align with the disability categories established by MDE.
(Requested by: Julie Schroeder, SWWC Service Cooperatives #53300)
1. Fields for the student’s phone number and email address have been added under the student address section.
(Requested by: Melissa Wagner, Minnesota Valley Education District #53515)
2. Wording changes were made to the Evaluation Status (SEES) dropdown options.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3955)
3. Federal Race will auto-populate on the student setup page based on the saved race/ethnicity options. The ability to select more than one race has been included.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3772/DE-3773)
Other forms and logs
1. The Communication Log was updated and an additional comment box was added.
(Requested by: Ariel Larpenteur, Community Of Peace Academy #53661)
2. “End request” has been added to the checkbox options on the Emergency health/transportation information form.
(Requested by: Katie Wilder, Mounds View Public Schools #50496)
3. New “Staff debriefing meeting: Physical holding” and Staff debriefing meeting: Seclusion” forms have been added. They can be found under the Restrictive Procedures menu in v1 & v2.
(Requested by: MN Restrictive Procedures Advisory team #DE-3930/DE-3931/DE-4004)
4. The Use of Restrictive Procedures: Seclusion form and Use of Restrictive Procedures: Physical Hold forms have been updated.
(Requested by: MN Restrictive Procedures Advisory team #DE-3924/DE-3924/DE-4004)
5. The Special Education Data sheet now shows race/ethnicity information, mirroring the setup page for students.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #52967)
1. On the MTSS Plan page, the space designated for the intervention implementor and data collectors has been separated from other MTSS interventions, making it specific and distinct to each individual intervention.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #53606)
1. The Attendance detail report has been updated to display the search criteria at the top of the report and the printed version.
(Requested by: Jamie Wothe, Freshwater Education District #50834)
2. Header labels on the the Timeline Monitoring report have been updated.
(Requested by: Meghan Dobson, Independent School District 192 #53418)
3. A link to the Youtube tutorial on instructional days has been added to the admin instructional days report page.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3871)
4. A new checkbox labeled “Behavior plan” has been included in appropriate admin searchable reports.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3875)
5. A new “Provider credentials” quick report has been added.
(Requested by: Cindy Koziolek, Minnesota State Academies #53183)
6. Columns for IEP finalization date and Amendment Date have been added to the Prior IEP Meeting Dates quick report.
(Requested by: Sarah Mittelstadt, Southern Plains Education Cooperative #54141)
7. A new educator report titled “Service date overlaps” has been added for use.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3903)
8. The MA Providers with services searchable report has been updated to include additional search options and export the student status.
(Requested by: Tara Goebel, South Washington County Schools #53642)
9. MA quick reports titled “Eval log and detail dates FY22-23” and“Inactive students with unsent claims” were added.
(Requested by: Tara Goebel, South Washington County Schools #52476/53484)
10. Added a new MA Quick report titled, “PCA provider list ”.
(Requested by: Amy Bean, Independent School District 318 #54027)
11. The MA criteria will be a filter option on the admin students report if the provider has the extended preference “MA eligible filter” or “MA records” enabled within their educator setup.
(Requested by: Julia Salzman, Rochester Public Schools #53882)
12. A “Show only students managed by me” checkbox has been added to the educator’s “View student history” report.
(Requested by: Krystal DeGraw Brooklyn Center Community Schools #54056)
13. IFSP services has been removed from the ‘Service hours’ report, to include just the IEP Services.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #54089)
14. An MA services report has been added to the educator report menu that will allow providers to view all services entered by them. The provider is required to be shared with the student and have MA access to view the results.
(Requested by: Tara Goebel, South Washington County Schools #52751)
15. The new federal percentage has been applied to the Reconciliation and Total amount paid reports for claims paid on dates July 1, 2023 through September 30, 2023.
(Requested by: Dellynne Monson, SWWC Service Cooperative #54448)
16. A new quick report titled “Emergency care plan details” has been created.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #54404)
17. A new quick report titled “PT Service Students B-2” has been created.
(Requested by: Shannon Proulx, Esko School District #53816)
1. Parental Consent: Section 504 Evaluation, IEP Assessments pages 1 and 2, IFSP Periodic review, Evaluation Report and the admin support request system have all been converted to v2.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3785, #DE-3776, #DE-3783 #DE-2957, #DE-3956)
2. Students that are inactive will now appear with an “i” badge next to the gear icon on the v2 SpEd dashboard page.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3779)
3. Updated the MA Forms menu in v2 to include folders.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3895)
4. Added a bubble guidance icon with guidance from DHS next to the description box on direct service activity logs in v2.
(Requested by: Wanda Lane, Brainerd School District #54068)
5. A button to get directly to the Special Education data sheet was added to Student setup in v2.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3971)
1. The Enrollment status change form print page will now include the MARSS ID and LSID.
(Requested by: Karrie Taylor, Park Rapids ISD #52096)
2. Within admin organization “SBCS providers” has been added to manage school based community services.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3774)
3. A “SIS School ID” field has been added school setup page, which will be editable. The current “School ID” has been changed to be read-only.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3896)
4. An additional checkbox has been included in the school setup section, labeled as “Send an email to the building MARSS reporter when an Enrollment status change form is created or revised. This option enables the district’s MARSS contact to receive an email notification whenever an Enrollment status change form is created or modified and subsequently saved.
(Requested by: Kathy Zwonitzer, Centennial School District #51835)
5. Made a change to ensure when sending a student with documents previously signed electronically to another server, only the original document is included when picked up on the new server.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3957)
6. If a student who has been shared with a parent or parents is transferred to a new plan manager and the “reset sharing” option is chosen, the parent’s access will not be revoked. The same rule applies to students who have been exited/inactivated.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #52629)
IMPORTANT: New “Active” and “Special education” checkboxes have been added on the student setup page. These checkboxes will now determine if the student record is active or inactive. The evaluation status (SEES) and the status end code dropdowns will remain but will no longer determine if the student is active or inactive. The new checkboxes will be utilized throughout the system to establish student status, including on student lists, dashboards and reports. Here is a short video indicating the changes: