On Saturday, October 7th, 2023, an update will be posted to all Minnesota SpEd Forms sites. The update will include the changes listed below:
1. Made revisions to the language used in the Present Levels section of the IEP.
(Requested by: Katie Mikla, Hastings Public Schools #54254)
2. The accommodations, modifications and supports page of the IEP has been updated.
(Requested by: Whitney Weber, Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools #54395)
3. New dropdowns have been added to the Transition Services Page 1 form.
(Requested by: Nicolaas van Oss, North Branch Public Schools #56534)
4. Wording has been updated on the Progress Reporting -Measure Goal page.
(Requested by: Shannon Proulx, Esko School District #48764)
5. The red non-printing language “Non-child specific adult support is described in accommodations” has been removed from the IEP.
(Requested by: MN Advisory team, #DE-4257)
6. The guidance message on the Paraprofessional support section has been updated.
(Requested by: MN Advisory Team)
7. A clear button has been added to the IEP assessment page 1.
(Requested by: Christine O’Brien, Independent School District 199 #56590)
8. Added new admin district preferences for the paraprofessional section of the IEP services page.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-4368)
9. Removed the civics assessment section from the Assessment page of the IEP.
(Requested by: Brooke Peterson, Intermediate School District 917 #57361)
1. Receptive-Expressive Emergent Language Test – 4th Edition (REEL-4) has been added to the SpEd Forms test library.
(Requested by: Karen Stay, St. Cloud Area School District #56631)
2. The following tests were also added to our available options: Bracken Basic Concept Scale, 4th Edition Receptive, Bracken School Readiness Assessment, 4th Edition, Motor Free Visual Perception Test – 4th Edition and Test of Visual Perception Skills – 4th Edition
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #57578)
1. An Individual Treatment Plan (ITP) and Diagnostic Assessment (DA) have been added to the MA Forms CTSS folder.
(Requested by: Krista Moore, Rochester Public Schools #DE-4012/#DE-4158)
2. Made a change only to allow those with CTSS extended permissions in their Educator setup to view CTSS documents in a student’s history folder.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-4203)
3. A preference has been added to “Show MHCP label on the Consent to share data.”
(Requested by: Dorothy Kerzner, Edina Public Schools #54388)
4. Created a search method by building on the PCA/QP list team selector.
(Requested by: Marilyn Hellweg, South West Metro Intermediate District #54421)
5. Added additional drop-downs to the PCA plan.
(Requested by: Jennie Sorenson, Mounds View Public Schools #56755)
6. A change was made to allow the MA eligibility status to be updated with the DHS status codes of 71, 72 and 73.
(Requested by: Emma Christenson, Fergus Falls Area SpEd Coop #53478)
Other forms and logs
1. Changed the Authorization for release of information form to print on fewer pages.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #56604)
2. Added text boxes for email address and additional information in the organization section of the Authorization for release of information form.
(Requested by: Shannon Ritt, Richfield Public Schools #52090)
3. A “drag and drop” function has been added to the Emergency Health/Transportation, Eval./Reeval. Plan Prior Written Notice and Early Intervention Prior Written Notice forms to enable users to easily reorder items.
(Requested by: Sarah Mittelstadt, Southern Plains Education Cooperative #51075)
(Requested by: Julia Salzman, Rochester Public Schools #51850)
4. A validation check has been added to the use of restrictive procedures: physical holding form, requiring a start and end time before finalization.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-4376)
5. Added a student strengths section to the Stand-alone Functional Behavioral Assessment.
(Requested by: Sally Wulf, Westonka Public School #52829)
1. Text editor options have been added to the evacuation plan.
(Requested by: Kim Huether, Brainerd School District #56577)
1. Added resident district and LSID, as well as updated column headings, on the “IEP Plan Specifications – Para Service Minutes” quick report.
(Requested by: Heather Guzik, St. Croix River Education District #52784)
2. The serving district from the enrollment dropdown list has been added to the “Attendance summary“ report.
(Requested by: Katie Roiger, Yellow Medicine East Schools #56514)
3. Added a Primary column to MA Quick reports, “Students with ICD10 Codes” and “Students with inactive CMS ICD-10 codes”.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-4204)
4. Added Informed consent date to MA Quick report, “MA Eligible with signature and consent settings”.
(Requested by: Dellynne Monson, SWWC Service Cooperatives #56764)
5. Created a new admin quick report, “Active students with status end codes or status end dates,” for active students with a status end code or status end date set in the student setup.
(Requested by: Rieger Viche, Duluth Public Schools, #56748)
6. The plan manager dropdown has been added as one of the “Attendance Summary” report search criteria.
(Requested by: Janelle Ortiz, Sherburne and Northern Wright Special Ed. Coop, #54434)
7. Added a Billable column to MA Quick the report, “Students with ICD10 codes”.
(Requested by: Rieger Viche, Duluth Public Schools #56511)
8. “Service hours” report has been updated to exclude enrollment records without an end date.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-4254)
9. Added an LSID column to the GenEd Quick report, “504 Plan Dates”.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #57067)
10. The Cooperative ID has been added to the “District remote transfer contacts (Statewide)” quick report.
(Requested by: Sarah Versteeg, Lake Agassiz Education Cooperative #53947)
11. An Eligible column has been added to the “Eval log and detail dates FYXX-XX” quick reports.
(Requested by: Marilyn Hellweg, SouthWest Metro Intermediate District #56696)
12. Grade has been added as one of the search criteria in the “View student history” report.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka Hennepin School District #56861)
13. New “Physical holds 2023-24” and “Seclusions 2023-24” quick reports have been added. (Requested by: Gina Boots, SouthWest Metro Intermediate District #54396)
1. ESY Services, IFSP Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Dismissal, IFSP Early Intervention Prior Written Notice, IFSP Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Evaluation: Did Not Qualify, Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Initial Assessment, IEP Accommodations, modifications, IEP Goals, and supports, IEP Services and Agreement Regarding IEP Team Member Attendance have all been converted to v2.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-4109, #DE-4131, #DE-4126, #DE-4121, #DE-4124, #DE-4157, #DE-4143, #DE-4306, DE-4353, DE-4320)
2. A hide inactive student checkbox has been added to the 504 dashboard.
(Requested by: Millie Pottsmith, Cambridge-Isanti Schools #54289)
3. An option to add folders in student history has been added.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin #51648)
4. V2 evaluation activity logs now have just-in-time guidance that displays and prints the Description of Service for evaluations provided by DHS.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-4013)
5. Updated the search feature on the v2 version of Communication logs.
(Requested by: Jodi Bresnahan, Bloomington Public Schools #56882)
1. The Admin Overview 504 plan number of students has been fixed to tally with the one on Admin Student’s student result.
(Requested by: Sheila Domstrand, Lakeville Area Schools #56709)
2. District and school drop-downs have also been added to switch students’ search criteria.
(Requested by: Kori Ryan, INDIGO Education #52411)
3. The default font size for rich text editors has been set to 10.5pt.
(Requested by: Carole Pankow, South St. Paul Public Schools #54040)
4. Changed the wording in the Special education data sheet to clearly state the start and end date for care and treatment.
(Requested by: Cari Grenier, Freshwater Education District #54276)
5. A new “Reset Single Sign-on” button has been added to the admin educator setup page, allowing admins to reset the linking accounts.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-4263)
6. The Admin Educator setup page now includes a switch to “Reset password at next login,” which forces users to change their password upon their next login.
(Requested by: Shannon Proulx, Esko School District #49459)
7. An authenticator application option has been added to the educator’s profile.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-4090)
8. A show/hide password option has been added to password boxes.
(Requested by: Dorothy Kerzner, Edina Public Schools #50784)
9. Quick links have been added to the Educator assessment tracker.
(Requested by: Tara Goebel, South Washington County Schools #51366)
10. Quick links on the SpEd dashboard for students with IFSP plans and students with no plan but whose age is less than 2 years, 10 months and 14 days have been updated.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-4285)
11. Para minutes preference in Admin districts has been renamed and updated not to show frequency, duration, dates, provider and supervisor in IEP validation.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #57174)
12. Created the option to turn off each Restrictive Procedures Debriefing form separately.
(Requested by: Jennifer Krueger, Roseville Schools #56720)
13. 2023/2024 superintendent information has been updated per MDE to pull into the Student Acknowledgement and Tuition Agreement form appropriately.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #57389)