SpEd Forms: Thursdays at Three - A journey through the land of enhancements - recent changes impacting ECSE
Join the SpEd Forms team for our last Thursdays at Three of this school year! We will review enhancements made during the past year that primarily impact ECSE, including the COS form and reports, e-signatures, and the enrollment form. SpEd Forms looks forward to actively discussing how these and other enhancements are being used across customer districts. The Google Meet link can be found on our support page here:
SpEd Forms: Thursdays at Three - Getting ready for DHS annual rate reporting
Party Reimbursement Coordinators – do you have questions about
submitting your annual rate form to DHS on July 5th? Join us this
Thursday, the 18th, at 3pm to learn about reports you can review to
ensure accurate time and encounter data. Take advantage of this
informative opportunity! The Google Meet link and all upcoming Thursdays
at Three topics can be found on our support page here:
Just a friendly reminder that we will be providing various
back-to-school virtual training sessions this fall. These are open to
all districts and are free of charge. You can find more details, dates
and times, along with one new session added, on the registration form:
Happy Monday, educators! We have an exciting announcement! SpEd Forms will again be offering a variety of back-to-school training sessions this fall. These trainings are open to everyone, are entirely free of charge, and are meant to get your educators started using the program with ease!
A staff member from SpEd Forms will conduct each training for a specific audience. All will be held virtually using Google Meet, and one session of each will be recorded for later viewing. (Those recordings will not be available until after each training is completed.) You can find further details, dates and times along with the registration form online here:
Again, there is no cost to you for these specific sessions. We encourage cooperatives and districts to meet in groups if at all possible and register as one so we can have room for everyone wishing to attend. Registration is mandatory. If you are not ready to sign up today, that’s okay! We will send out reminders throughout the summer and fall as we understand staffing may change.
Was this email may have been forwarded to you? If you would also like to receive updates from SpEdForms, please sign up for our mailings:
3. Updates have been made to the IEP v2 menu to display the text ‘draft,’ ‘amended,’ or ‘amended draft’ when an IEP has been finalized and falls under one of these categories.
(Requested by: Christine O’Brien, Inver Grove Heights Schools #53363)
4. The v2 IEP print menu now includes a checkbox option that allows users to select or deselect pages 1-10.
(Requested by: Lindsey Paffrath-Bice, Willmar Public Schools #53442)
5. Visual improvements were made to the Evaluation/Reevaluation Plan Prior Written Notice.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-2748)
1. The term “case manager” was renamed to “plan manager” within the student sharing page.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3718)
2. A new button called “Select from SpEd Forms tests” has been added to the Eval/assessment tools page within the Educator Setup and Admin Organization Menu. This new feature enables districts to easily copy all of SpEd Forms’ ER tests into the Eval/assessment tools section.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #48535)
3. A building column has been added to the Admin Educators search screen results.
(Requested by: Karen Stay, St. Cloud Area School District #48980)
4. If parent access has been turned on and an admin user has access to Admin educators, they will now also see Admin parents, where they can search for and update parent accounts previously created through the Parent access report.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3687)
5. We have streamlined the printing & PDF creation processes within SpEd Forms, making the process faster. We are thrilled that these changes increase the system’s efficiency behind the scenes for you at this particularly dynamic time of year.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms #DE-3699)
6. A “Separate households” checkbox was added to the edit parents page within Student setup. When selected, forms addressed to “Dear [parent]” will generate one copy for each parent when printed or finalized. A short YouTube video was created that shows how this works:
(Requested by: Bryan Schmidt, Rochester Public Schools #52858)
We know how busy you all are, especially as the school year comes to a close. Out of respect for that, we will push our May update a week early and not have any updates in June. We wish you all the best as you finalize this school year.
SpEd Forms: Thursdays at Three - End of the year activities
Administrators, we invite you to collaborate with us in updating our list of administrative end-of-year activities for EC and K-12. Let’s discuss the tasks you usually perform at this time, as well as those that can assist you in preparing for the next academic year. We’ll cover topics such as COSF changes, SpEd Forms reports and processes, and how to streamline your to-do list. You’ll also discover useful tools in SpEd Forms that can simplify your end-of-year responsibilities and set you up for success in the coming school year.
This meeting is meant for our educators set up with administrative permissions. Click on the meeting link below to join us on Thursday, April 27th at 3pm:
SpEd Forms: Thursdays at Three - Ask the Customer Service team!
Stuck home in the snow? This week’s Thursdays at Three topic will be Ask the Customer Service team: a live Q & A for teachers and providers.
Jump into this online session and visit with our wonderful staff. We are here to answer your questions, listen to your SpEd Forms stories and take down your suggestions. This session is meant for teachers and providers, so please pass this along to anyone who you think would benefit from joining us. The online meeting link and all upcoming topics are listed on our support page here:
SpEd Forms: Thursdays at Three - MA log documentation
Did you miss the fall MA Forms documentation training? Are you a new provider? You’re welcome to join us online tomorrow, Thursday the 9th, at 3pm to learn about the recent evaluation documentation changes, view 2.0 features and ask your questions about the MA service logs. The Google Meet link and all upcoming topics can be found on our support page here: