On Saturday, May 7th, 2022, an update will be posted to all Minnesota SpEd Forms sites. The update will include the changes listed below:
1. A link to an “Alternate ACCESS for ELLs Participation Decision Tree” has been added to the State Assessments for English Language Proficiency Accountability section of the IEP.
(Requested by: Krystal DeGraw, Brooklyn Center Community Schools #49371)
2. The “Eligibility Requirements for MTAS” link has been updated to the most current version.
(Requested by: Krystal DeGraw, Brooklyn Center Community Schools #49610)
3. A Behavior Support Plan (BSP) has been added to the IEP menu.
(Requested by: Nic van Oss, St. Croix River Ed District #48497)
4. Assistive Technology information now appears on IEP Snapshot.
(Requested by: Brittany Thomforde, Minnesota State Academies #49544)
5. The student’s MARSS number has been removed from the IEP Snapshot print page for confidentiality purposes.
(Requested by: Kristen Hillesheim, Independent School District 199 #49521)
6. Only one ACCESS ELL checkbox can be selected at a time.
(Requested by: Mark Oehrlein, SpEd Forms #DE-2246)
7. The goals previously under Self Care and Functional Academics have been combined under a new category; “Functional Skills”. Bus Behaviors and accompanying goals have been added as a new subcategory under “Behavior.”
(Requested by: Gary Lewis, SpEd Forms)
8. The attached document boxes at the bottom of the IEP Services page have been updated.
(Requested by: Denise Halter, St. Michael-Albertville Public Schools #49554)
1. The mailing address on the Family Outcomes Survey cover letter has been updated.
(Requested by: Rose Krick, Alexandria Public Schools #49649)
1. The 504 Parental Consent form has been updated to work with the assessment tracker.
(Requested by: Bryan Schmidt, Rochester Public Schools #48707)
1. Made a change to eliminate the disabled services when adding a new activity log.
(Requested by: Shannon Proulx, Esko School District #49395)
2. Reordered the type of service to list active services by modifier and then inactive services by modifier.
(Requested by: Kathleen Schultz, Waconia Public Schools #49641)
3. Edit log line link was removed from the 837P results page.
(Requested by: Tonia Czech, SpEd Forms #DE-2452)
4. Obsolete MA Forms were removed from preferences and Go to menu.
(Requested by: Tonia Czech, SpEd Forms #DE-2513)
5. Renamed the “MA” label to “Medical” on the student history menu.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #49723)
6. The disable code checkbox has been removed and “Disable code” was changed to “Disabled date” on the ICD10 code setup page.
(Requested by: Lauren Henderson, Monticello Public Schools #49538)
7. A dropdown has been added for the insurance company name on the MA student billing setup.
(Requested by: Bill Underwood, Anoka-Hennepin School District #49722)
Other Forms and Logs
1. An Additional Information/Comments text box has been added to the Emergency Health/Transportation Information form.
(Requested by: Julie Emry, Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools #49271)
2. “District Use Only” box at the bottom of the Part B PWN and Part B Eval/Reeval PWN has been removed. This box is no longer needed as the date the form is given or mailed to the parent is found in the body of the forms. This box is from an older version of the Part B Pwn.
(Requested by: Diane McCarron, SpEd Forms #DE-2461)
3. The Notice of Proposed Eval/Consent: Part B has been removed from the Children Potentially Eligible Under Part B folder as it is out of compliance. The Eval./Reeval. Plan Prior Written Notice (PWN) should be used instead.
(Requested by: Lisa Backer, SpEd Forms #DE-2450)
4. The times a seclusion began and ended will now be necessary for validation of the Use of Restrictive Procedure: Seclusion form.
(Requested by: Lana Talberg, Monticello Public Schools #49490)
5. A “Transportation provided by” dropdown has been added to the Emergency Health/Transportation Information form.
(Requested by: Katie Mikla, Hastings Public Schools #49540)
6. “Date” on Use of restrictive Procedures: Physical Holding and Use of Restrictive Procedures: Seclusion has been renamed to “Date of Procedure” and relocated in the form.
(Requested by: Jennifer Davie, Eastern Carver County Schools #49124)
7. The Google translation feature has been added to the Early Intervention PWN.
(Requested by: Christine O’Brien, Independent School District 199, #49005)
8. A button has been added to the Part B Evaluation/Re-evaluation PWN, labeled “Import Part C Evaluation(s)” to copy part C information over.
(Requested by: Jennifer Ihrke, Rochester Public Schools #49056)
1. Case Manager label on the Student Set up page has been renamed to Plan Manager.
(Requested by: Diane McCarron, SpEd Forms #DE-2415)
1. A new searchable report titled “Signatures” has been added to the Admin MA reporting menu.
(Requested by: Wanda Lane, Brainerd School District #49225)
2. Added Login Source to the “Educator List (no inactive users)” quick report.
(Requested by: Michael Buswell, SpEd Forms #DE-2402)
1. The plan manager has been added to the informational icon pop up on the educator assessment list.
(Requested by: Karrie Taylor, Park Rapids ISD #49619)
2. When using the search function, you will now go to the corresponding menu of the dashboard you are viewing.
(Requested by: Marilyn Hellweg, SouthWest Metro Intermediate District #49407)
3. When duplicating MA log lines in v2.0 a pop up will let you know how many lines were added.
(Requested by: Karen Stay, St. Cloud Area School District #DE-2335)
4. Made a change to the v2.0 log list to display N/A when no billable claims are included on the log.
(Requested by: Jennifer Bratsch, Lake Agassiz Education Cooperative #49672)
5. Activity log and Trips log buttons have been arranged in a more logical order.
(Requested by: Karen Stay, St Cloud Area School District #49453)
6. Back to page button has been renamed to Continue when uploading a document in the student history.
(Requested by: Diane McCarron, SpEd Forms #49676)
7. The due date has been added as a sortable column header on the educator assessment menu.
(Requested by: Bryan Schmidt, Rochester Public Schools #49590)
8. Updating “setting” on the activity claim line automatically saves the page.
(Requested by: Amy Wylde, Southern Minnesota Education Consortium #49173)
9. Section 504 Notice of Conference, Section 504 Student Referral, Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Evaluation and Assessment, Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Screening, Early Intervention Prior Written Notice: Screening Result and Early Intervention Prior Written Notice to Start or Revise an IFSP have all converted to V2.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2491, #DE-2490, #DE-2480, #DE-2488, #DE-2479, #DE-2478, #DE-2475, #DE-2360, #DE-2356)
1. Improvements have been made to the Admin files menu.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2474)
2. An admin preference has been added to turn off the ESY Progress Report. A second admin preference has been added to add the ESY Services Form to the IEP print list.
(Requested by: Amanda Lee, South Washington County Schools #49661)
3. Anywhere that CHLD is used, the student’s preferred name will be pulled in if one is listed for that child.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #49024)
4. The admin permission titled “Add to district contact list” has been renamed to “District remote transfer contact” to make the intent more clear.
(Requested by: Kelli Byrnes, SpEd Forms #49632)
5. Credentials, where listed, have been removed as they are no longer needed.
(Requested by Diane McCarron, SpEd Forms #49567)
6. Made a change to update the student cooperative ID when students are remotely transferred.
(requested by: Shelby Dukek, Bemidji Regional Interdistrict Council #49549)
7. The resolution of printed documents has been slightly updated for visual purposes.
(Requested by: Bryan Schmidt, Rochester Public Schools #49603)
8. When uploading documents to history a drop down that allows users to select from a set naming convention has been added.
(Requested by: Bev Zelinski, Mounds View Public Schools #49364)
9. A new admin preference has been added that allows users to be able turn the Additional Information page on the IEP on or off.
(Requested by: Amanda Lee, South Washington County School #49694)
10. In order to continue improving the program we are updating many old menus into a more modern programming language. This month we updated the Student MARSS details page, All-in-one present levels in IEP Goals page, ESY second page, Blank page menu, Student’s MA billing setup, Measures for Goals and Objectives page and the staff profile popup.
(Requested by: SpEd Forms, #DE-2444, #DE-2428, #DE-2440, #DE-2439, #DE-2361, #DE-2426, #DE-2427)
1. The IIIP (Individual Interagency Intervention Plan) will be discontinued with the July update.
2. Attention ECSE Users: SpEd Forms includes a large library of evaluation tools that can be easily incorporated into evaluation reports for Part B as well as the evaluation summary section of IFSPs. Some of the tools specific to ECSE are no longer in common use or have been revised. You are invited to participate in a survey to identify which tools should be retained within the library and which should be deleted. The survey will remain open through May 27th. The survey can be accessed here: